Only a few weeks left in the European season but plenty still to play for.
- Hirving Lozano and Napoli are in a tight battle for a Champions League spot. Only 2 points separate #2 through #5 in Serie A. Hard to see Napoli not sell off some players in the summer if they miss out on Champions League football.
- More good news for Raul Jimenez as he is set to meet with a specialist next week to determine if he can make his return versus Manchester United on May 23. Wolves and Mexico fans will be relieved if he can see the field before the summer break.
- The accolades keep coming for Edson Alvarez as Ajax’s league winning season winds down.
- All signs point to Diego Lainez being available for Mexico’s Olympic team. Its not up to Tata whether he goes to Tokyo or stays with senior team for Gold Cup.
- Besides Nestor Araujo, the rest of the Mexicans in Spain are fighting for league positioning. Hector Herrera very well might lift the league trophy but first, Atletico plays Barcelona this weekend. Meanwhile, Lainez and Andres Guardado are fighting to get back into a Europa League spot. They have tied in their last SIX league games. They are definitely going to look back on that run if they miss out on Europe.
What are you watching this weekend?