Wolves vs West Ham is the game I will definitely be watching this weekend. Raul has played every minute this season for Wolves and Chicharito is coming off scoring a goal in a mid-week cup game. Besides that game, this weekend is full of good matchups.
- Last week, we all had Fabian signing with a club in Turkey. This week, we are trying to figure out why his move to Fenerbahce was called off. More and more it seems like they got cold feet after fans were upset with the move and Fabian allegedly agreed to a lower salary with another team before coming to terms with Fenerbahce. The club says it was due to a failed physical but that doesn’t really add up. The window is still open in a few European leagues but Fabian will need to move quickly to ensure he doesn’t ride the bench until January.
- After Ryan Thomas got hurt and they clinched a spot in Champions League group stage, PSV went and signed Erick Gutierrez to a 5 year deal. Glad he is making the leap to Europe.
- Omar Govea made his debut last weekend but got a red card 16 minutes in and will not play this weekend for Royal Antwerp
- Those 16 minutes Govea played are 16 more than Layun has played for Villarreal this season. He has made the bench every game so he has that going for him…
- Through the first 3 league games, Hector Herrera is the 8th highest rated player in Portugal per WhoScored. Antonio Briseno is 18th and one of the highest rated CBs in the league. He is coming off a MOTM performance last weekend.
- Apparently, Lyon is keeping close tabs on Lainez. With an eye towards a move in the next couple of transfer windows.
- In case you are wondering how things are going in US Soccer circles…