A quiet day but please enjoy this golazo from Jared Borgetti. Temo Blanco delivered a great ball but this goal was all El Zorro del Desierto and his great header/ Gigi Buffon could do nothing but just watch.
- Rafa Marquez returned to Atlas last night but did not get on the field. It was the first time he has been back since the drug trafficking allegations came out. His manager made it clear that Rafa will be available for league games as well.
- Almeyda is staying at Chivas as Leicester City has hired Claude Puel.
- Diego Lainez and his family are allegedly listening to offers from European clubs.
- How Marco Fabian went from fringe player to star player for Eintracht Frankfurt. Many thought he would be back in Mexico but he broke out last season in the Bundesliga and was one of the better attacking midfielders. He has just started light training from his back injury and likely wont see the field in 2017.
- Tecatito Corona is clicking on all cylinders for Porto.
- Caixinha has been let go by Rangers. The former Santos manager lasted less than 8 months at the Scottish giants. This leaves Gullit Pena and Eduardo Herrera without the manager who brought them to the club.
- Hector Moreno started and went 90 minutes at center back for Roma. Mexico really needs him to start getting minutes in Italy.
Around The World
- MLS is testing a 4th substitution during Extra Time in the playoffs.
- Interesting video showing a bit of a Real Betis training session. Don’t worry, Guardado is not on the goal line.
- This first touch…
— Alessia Novelli (@Alessia_Nov) October 25, 2017
What to Watch
- Univision Deportes has secured broadcast rights for all 18 LigaMX clubs. My only wish is half of the weekend’s games didn’t start at the same time on Saturday night.
- Several Mexicans Abroad are in action today. Check the calendar.