A couple of Mexican defenders found themselves on the scoresheet and another found himself back in LigaMX. Let’s see what else happened this weekend.
- Tigres continues their trend of bringing back Mexicans from Europe as the club have signed Carlos Salcedo from Eintracht Frankfurt. Meanwhile, Marco Fabian is still on the Frankfurt roster with less than 6 months left on his contract. He can sign on a free with any interested clubs.
- Raul Jimenez added to his assist total with a 93rd minute pass to Diogo Jota to give Wolves all 3 points. Wolves using their buy option on him looks like a good bet but the club will wait until the summer to make any decision.
- The Eredivisie is back from winter break. Erick Gutierrez and Hirving Lozano started as PSV had a disappointing 2-2 draw.
- Antonio Briseno keeps building his case for a call up.
- Jesus Corona added another assist as Porto won 4-1 and is now 5 points clear of second place Benfica in Portugal. Hector Herrera went 90 minutes and wore the captain’s armband.
- Nestor Araujo scored for the second game in a row and was the MOTM but it was not enough as his side lost 2-1.
- Hector Moreno scored his first goal for Real Sociedad.
- The rumor of Carlos Vela to Barcelona isn’t any clearer than it was last week.
- Diego Lainez made his European debut with Real Betis. He came on for a 10 minute cameo and completed 1 key pass. Andres Guardado started and went 65 minutes in the 3-2 win over Girona.